Friday, 22 October 2010
On Location in France
After the wedding, I carried out a planned tour over 5 days of the key locations in France involved in launching the 1066 invasion. These were Caen, Bayeux, Lillebonne, Jumieges, Dives-sur-mer and St Valery-sur-Somme. Each location presented its own challenges and I had to take photos no matter what the weather was. I took some 500 photos overall, looking both for angles relevant to events of 1,000 years ago as well as good photos in their own right. I was accompanied by my partner, so these days needed to be and were a holiday for her as well as being a photo opportunity for me. I find that it takes time and considerable thought to spot and capture strong and relevant images, so appreciated having a tolerant partner who is also a keen photographer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment