Saturday, 9 October 2010

Battle of Hastings Re-enactment

I attended English Heritage's annual re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings in order to obtain some relevant photos for the final TAOP assigment.  It was a pretty impressive scene, with hundreds of actors in period dress with period weapons doing a convincing job.  I took two cameras and four lenses, changing lenses at lunchtime.  One of the problems was finding places to stand that had a clear view through the large crowds without being too selfish about it.  In retrospect, I would take a powerful telephoto on a monopod to pick out key pieces of action, much of which took place several hundred yards away.  As it was, I felt I'd bagged an acceptable set of photos, some of which would be suitable for the final assignment.  The previous visit I'd made to the site a couple of weeks ago paid off, as I knew my way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment